Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dear Friend...

Dear friend,

I miss you.
It seems like it’s been so long since you’ve allowed me around. I don’t like to show up uninvited, although sometimes I can’t help myself. You don’t send me away, but it’s not like it used to be. The time we spend together is awkward.
What happened?
I feel as if it used to be so natural. It was so expected for me to come around...planned, unplanned, for a good reason or no reason at all. Often I would just show up. You wanted me there as much as I wanted to be there. Right?
What’s wrong?
Are we fighting? Is it something I did? Did I mess something up? I can’t possibly think of what it might be...but it has to be something. I’m willing to take the blame. Say it was my fault. Whatever it takes.
What’s going on?
This isn’t like you... This isn’t like us. We used to have such fun together. It seems like we were laughing all of the time. Although it wasn’t like I was a fair-weather companion; we’ve shared some tears too. I had this way of showing up, even when you weren’t really in the mood. And somehow, I always felt like I helped make things better. We were close, you know?
So now what?
Because I just don’t understand. Everyone I talk to says you miss me. Miss me as much as I miss you. If that’s even possible! So why do I feel so pushed out of your life? Couldn’t we hang out...like old times? Is it really so hard to let me back in the picture? Please, let’s find a way for it to be natural for me to be back...
Unless it’s you?
You seem so sad. The fact I’m missing isn’t the only thing different... Every time I see you there is a hurt and pain in your eyes. It’s not just me is it? There’s something more. There’s something sitting on your heart, something on your mind. I’m right, aren’t I? Oh, please find a way to bring me back, please! I want to be there for you... Won’t you allow me to be? It’s just not the same from here...

I miss you so much. I want nothing more than to do life with you again. Please, let’s spend some time together soon?

Love,

Your Smile.

No comments: