Saturday, March 14, 2009

Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster
AK March 2009

A mass of confusion.
Life in utter disarray.
A tragedy of grand design,
Your gifts I’ve tossed away.
No direction, no order.
Only failure of the worst kind.
Falling apart at the seams.
Begging for purpose one last time.

Do you really see beyond my distress?
Do you love me even with my mess?
When you look at me,
How can you not see all that’s wrong?
How do you not just notice
All that doesn’t belong?
I’m not anything close
To what I was created to be...
Where’s the worth
In this calamity?

What’s beyond
My distorted focus?
Do you smile at what you see?
Wonderful chaos.
Brilliant catastrophe.
Do you look upon a storm with the same awe?
The same love?
Is that the same splendor
You’re thinking of?
Do you look at me and see the one you are after?
Your daughter, your princess,
Your beautiful disaster...

1 comment:

Erin said...

This is beautiful.
So the other day in a message I heard I was reminded that "God is most creative in chaos. God thrives in chaos." Just consider the very beginning of existance. God created out of the chaos. And look what happened!
Just a note of encouragement amidst the chaos.
You are beautiful.
I love you.