Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Questions of Enough

The Questions of Enough
AK July 2011

Why can’t I hold the world together?
Why can’t I fix all of the things that hurt?
I embrace and I cry,
I give and I try,
But will that be enough?

My feeble attempts to make a difference...
To somehow stand in the gap.
To rescue the lost.
To forget the cost.
To leave a legacy and
To be used in spite of “me”...
But will that legacy be enough?

A week,
A day,
An hour...
Whether the time be for good or for bad...
The questions remain
Lest the time be in vain
Was that time I spent enough?

Did I leave a mark on their world?
Did it touch the brokenness they hold?
Was it more than just surface deep?
The love I show...
Was it real?
Was it bold?
Was it deeper than the wounds they keep?
And was that love enough?

Could I have done more?
Should I have done less?
Could I have said more?
Should I have said less?
Was I faithful?
Was I true?
Did my life point to You?
And will that life I give be enough?

No comments: