Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sound and Fury

Sound and Fury
AK January 2010

I cover my ears from the piercing shrill;
Chaotic cacophony plaguing me still.
A strand of hair breezes my face as yet another passes by...
I cower down.
I want to hide.
So many things I cannot control...
So much life I cannot hold.

Reach through the abyss
Of sound and of fury.
I am lost in this black hole
And the darkness does bury.
So find me.
I’m calling.
Calling you to set me free.

Do you hear
The shouting voices?
Do you feel
The tormenting wind?
Do you hear
The demanding noises?
Do you feel
My breath caving in?

Reach through the abyss
Of sound and of fury.
Lost in this black hole -
The darkness does bury.
So find me.
I’m calling
Find me -I’m falling;
Falling on my knees.

Rescue me in this life I surrender.
Redeem me from the self I abhor.
Deliver me from the abyss of confusion.
Empty me until I exist no more.
Release me from the burden I carry...
Unleash me from the sound and the fury.

No comments: